These Rules were amended and accepted at an ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the|
SOUTH DOWNS MAGICIANS
Held at Handcross, West Sussex on the 3rd. April 2013.
This Issue of Rules supersedes all other existing Rules or Constitutions.
- NAME The name of tie Society shall be 'SOUTH DOWNS MAGICIANS' - referred to in these rules as the 'Society'.
- OBJECT The object Of the Society shall be 'to promote the interests of Magic.
- MEMBERS There shall be three Grades of Membership:
- FULL MEMBERS must be a least 18 wars of age. Full Members shall be entitled to attend, speak and vote at General Meetings.
- JUNIOR MEMBERS must be at least 14years of age and under 18 years of age. Junior Members shall be entiled to attend and speak at General Meetings, but shall not be eligible to vote. Prospective Full and junior members shall satisfy the Committee that they hate suitable performing ability in:or knowledge of the Art of Magic.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS maybe admitted to the Society at the discretion of the Committee if the Committee believes they have an interest in the well-being of the Society and will observe the 'Object' of the Society. Associate Members shall be entided to attend and speak at meetings, but shall not be eligible to vote. Application for all membership shall be in writing on the appropriate form, accompanied by the amount of the Entrance Fee and the appropriate Annual Subscription.
- ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION The Entrance Fee and the Annual Subscription for each Grade of Membership shall be as agreed at a General Meeting payable in advance on the 1st. April in each year. Any member being accepted on or after 1st. October in any year, shall pay in respect of that year, one-half of the Annual Subscription. Any existing member not renewing their Membership within three months of the Annual General Meeting will be considered to have their Membership terminated. To reinstate their Membership, the appropriate Annual Membership Subscription plus the current Entrance Fee must be paid.
- COMMITTEE The affairs of the Society shall be managed by a Committee elected at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee shall consist of three Officers, namely, a President, a Secretary and a Treasurer, plus a minimum of two Committee Members. A maximum of a further three Committee Members maybe co-opted onto the Committee. No person shall hold the post of President for more than three consecutive years. A least one year shall elapse before being re-elected to that post. The Committee shall meet at least three times each year and at least two-thirds of the Committee shall form a quorum.
- FINANCE The Financial Year of the Society shall be from the 1st April. Accounts shall be kept by the Honorany Treasurer. A statement of the financial position made up to date shall be presented to the Committee at each Committee Meeting. A full Financial Statement, suitably audited, shall be presented at the Annual General Meeting. At the end of each financial year of the Society, any surplus monies shall be added to the General Fund of the Society and used for the benefit of all Members.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING The Annual General Meeting of the Society shall be held during the month of April each year to receive the Financial Statement, a report from the Committee and to elect the Committee for the ensuing year. Other business of which notice has been given in writing to the Secretary fourteen days prior to the Annual General meeting may be transacted. The Secretary shall give due notice to all Members of date, time, meeting place and business to be transacted. A least one half the number of Paid-up Members shall form a quorum.
- EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Society may be called at any-time by either the Committee or on the written request of at least one half the number of Paid-up Members. Such a meeting stall take place with thirty days of receipt of such a request. The reason for requesting an ECM must be dearly stated. No other business other than that for which the meeting has been called shall be transacted. A least one-half the number of Paid-up Members shall form a quorum.
- ALTERATION OF THE RULES These Rules may be added to or amended only by resolution passed at the Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting. All proposals for Alteration of the Rules shall be given in writing to the Committee at least thirty date prior to the AGM/EGM. Any alteration to the Rules shall be by a simple majority vote of all fully Paid-up Members present at that AGM/EGM. Any alteration to the Rules shall become effective only after the close of that AGM/EGM at which the alteration was passed.
- EXPULSION Membership maybe withdrawn from any person who, in the unanimous decision of the Committee, brings discredit to the Society. The expelled member shall have no claim upon the funds and/or assets of the Society.
- VOTING and INTERPRETATION OF RULES In the extent of any equality at any meeting the Chairman of the Meeting shall have a casting vote. The Committee shall have the power to give decisions as to the interpretation of any Rule should the occasion arise.